Summer is just around the corner, and in Greater Sudbury, Ontario there are some excellent opportunities to take advantage of and enjoy what summer has to offer. Whether you’re new to Sudbury or you’re just coming to visit, we’ve put together a list of 5 attractions that will help will make the most of your time here for you and your family to have a great time this summer.
1. Northern Lights Festival Boreal- One of Canadas longest running music festivals, the northern lights festival is a reflection of Cultural diversity of Northern Ontario. This year lineup features artists such as Sam Roberts Band, K’NAAN, Bedouin Soundclash and more. The event takes place July 4-7.
2. Lake Laurentian Conservation Area – The Lake Laurentian Conservation area is a scenic natural area located only ten minutes from downtown Sudbury. Easily accessible this area offers 2,415 of protecting green space that can be enjoyed by families, photographers and nature walkers alike. This space offers scenic lookouts, hiking trails, and bird watching area. A perfect day for families and individuals alike.
3. Science North – This interactive Science museum located in Greater Sudbury Ontario, is Northern Ontario’s most popular tourist attraction. Just south of the downtown, Science North is a must see. Experience IMAX with laser, a Planetarium and Space place all in one location. Science North explores Earth, Space, and Biology all in one convenient location.
4. Jazz Sudbury Festival – Described as Northern Ontario’s Premier destination for live Jazz, this event presents today’s best jazz, world and blues music. Held September 4-8 this years festival features main stage headliner performances, the Jazzwalk and a series of intimate performances by local and established artists.
5. Northern Ontario Railroad Museum & Heritage Centre. – This museum and heritage centre is perfect for a family outing, focused on the history of the lumber, mining and railroad industries take a step into the past and explore Historical Canadiana. The museums’ collection includes locomotives, rolling stock, mining cars, and speeders. Don’t forget to try out the Railroad simulator, it’s included in the price of admission.
There are many things to do in Sudbury this summer, but this is a great place to start. When coming to visit you may want a short or long term rental in this gorgeous city. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Please check out our listings at www.panoramicproperties.ca or contact us directly at 705-523-2010.