St. Patrick’s Day is Monday, March 17th and whether you’re Irish or not, it’s a great time to celebrate. There really is no need to leave yourThorold apartment when you can create an Irish atmosphere at home. Today’s Panoramic Properties blog post features three awesome recipes to try in your own kitchen.
Irish potato casserole
Potatoes and the Irish go hand in hand, this recipe is the perfect vegetarian starter for a full meal.
- 2 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Irish beef stew
For a hearty main course, this recipe is delicious and quite easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer (e.g. Guinness®)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Baileys Irish Cream brownies
This fudgy dessert is enhanced with the addition of Irish cream liqueur.
- 2 (19.8 ounce) packages fudge brownie mix
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys®)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
The Baileys Irish Cream liqueur as well as other brands can be purchased at the local LCBO (343 Glendale Avenue) and all other ingredients can be found at the nearby Foodland, (9 Pine Street North) which is a quick five-minute walk from our Front Street Apartments (40 Front Street) in Thorold.
Panoramic Properties would like to wish all of our residents a happy and safe St. Patrick’s Day!